The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Bouvier des Flandres > General Topics

Old 01-20-2020, 06:49 AM

Default A few questions

Hi
The breeder said her Bouviers are from a european line.
Have tried finding details on the internet but couldnít find anything comparing contrasting European to an American line.
Her parents were an 80 lb black/grey mom and 100 pound fawn dad.

At 18 weeks sheís a fawn 26.8 lbs. goofball; healthy and fit but Iím thinking petite.

Any info about European line Bouviers and weight charts for bouviers would be great and fun to have.
Iíd be happy posting pictures of our Nina but as a new user still not sure how to do that. In fairness I havenít even looked at the new user thread.
Excited to be here!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Response to your questions

>The breeder said her Bouviers are from a european line.
>Have tried finding details on the internet but couldnít find anything comparing >contrasting European to an American line.
>Her parents were an 80 lb black/grey mom and 100 pound fawn dad.

If you want to EMAIL me a copy of your puppy's pedigree, or a copy of the registration form that shows the names and registration numbers of the parents, I can probably tell you about the dogs in that pedigree.

Best to send it to my EMAIL since I have not always been receiving notifications when people post on the Bouvier Forum.

"From European lines" is meaningless unless we know *what* lines they involve.

>At 18 weeks sheís a fawn 26.8 lbs. goofball; healthy and fit but Iím thinking petite.

It really depends on the body style, how much bone the puppy carries relative to muscle, etc. I have had puppies who were very fit at 12 weeks and 23 lb, but usually they are still in the teens.

>Any info about European line Bouviers and weight charts for bouviers would >be great and fun to have.

I have never seen any weight charts that actually are meaningful. Again.. it depends on the dog's structure.

Cheers,
Sue