The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Bouvier des Flandres > General Topics

Old 01-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Wagner and Snow

Well, our youngster, Wagner, got a chance to see his very first snow. The Portland area got a surprise snow storm the end of Dec. and most of what fell came down West of Portland, which is where we live. We got about 5 to 6" of the stuff in a afternoon. Sue was planning on going to the store and didn't want Frank to get all wet and messy so the patio door was closed. Once she realized how much snow was on the road, she decided not to go. When I opened the patio door, Wagner was the only one that went out. I don't think he hesitated for more than a second and it was love at first sight, because he was out in the snow running back and forth kicking up snow balls and chasing them. I yelled for Sue to come take a look and I grabbed my camera. It was getting dark and my flash batteries were getting low, so these were just grab shots when Wagner slowed down a bit. But it gives the idea of how much fun he was having.

That is Frank on the left. I'm sure he's thinking "Crazy Kid!"

And the next day it was all gone... except for the wet.

Mike
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM

Smile

Great pictures Mike. Looks like he got wild & crazy like Scarlet did. Priceless expression on Frank's face.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks, sarah. I wish it hadn't of been getting dark or we would have let them out in the yard. I think Wagner took to the snow faster than any of the other dogs did when they first saw it. Chevelle was always happy to sit on top of a snow mound the few times we got enough snow to have piles of it. I wish we had a place to go that had a lot of powder snow (so it doesn't get all the ice balls) and let the dogs run so I could get some good pictures. I know there are places up in the mountains if we could find them before winter. But that would be an hour to two hour drive each way for just a few hours of fun.

Now we are back to our normal rain and dreary days. At least we have been back up in the 50's since the single digit week we had, although we've cooled back down to our normal of 40's in the day and mid to high 30's at night. I sure know it's no fun over in the east and south where they are having such fridget cold right now. Especially down south where they aren't use to it or build their houses for it.

Mike
Old 02-06-2010, 04:19 AM

Before we got hit last night and again today with some of the heavyest snow fail in a long time, my dogs have enjoyed it. I have never had a dog that didn't enjoy the snow.