The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Welcome and Information Area > Introductions and Welcomes

Old 09-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Hi from San Diego

Hi everyone. My name is Jodi, and I am in San Diego. For my 40th bday my husband finally succombed to my begging, and he bought me my girl. Her name is Belle and she is a brindle 14week old girl.

I have owned dogs forever. We had a poodle/terror...oops did I say terror? that I wanted from a pet store in some mall when we were NINETEEN. That dog got to witness having teenage trainwrecks as parents. Got another dog when Cali was 4...we were 22...That dog, another mutt, (need a love emoticon) was a good girl who ended up dying at 4.5 from kidney failure while we were on our honeymoon. So she passes, and we get another shep./shelti mix, and that's our Zonacat. She is 14, nearly blind, but spry. Lastly, but not least, is my new Belle Girl. I always have wanted a Bouvier. Since I first met one I had a profound connection with this breed. So far she is a stubborn, but good girl. Seemingly the most mellow dog I have ever owned. ( Is this normal?)

I am interested in hearing any or all information you may want to give me. Food? I have her on "wolf cub" and I am eh/eh about it. Runny stool/kinda but not...would like to do orijen, but hear horror storys about all the protein. What is your advice?

Thanks, Jodi
Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Welcome....

Hi Jodi,

Welcome to the Echobouvier Forum. Feel free to read through the threads and get to know the rest of the folks who post here occasionally.

Cheers,
Sue
Old 09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Jodi, and welcome to the forum. Most Bouviers can be very stuborn if you let them. We have had some that can out stuborn a mule at times.

We feed our Bouvs Kirkland kibble from Costco (the one in the red or green bag). It seems to have all the stuff needed by them and they do very well on it. I've always found that just because the food has a fancy name and costs a lot, it doesn't mean it's all that much better for the dogs. Mostly they package it for the humans benifit. There are some ingrediants that you should watch out for in food that you don't want a lot in it. Sue is better at picking out food that has more of the right stuff and less of the not so good stuff, so I let her pick it out and I just carry the 40 pound bags.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Mike