The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Bouvier des Flandres > Breeding Healthy Bouviers

Old 02-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Video of Puppies

I have taken some digital video of Dyna and her puppies. I'm still learning about creating digital videos that others can watch, so these are on the rough side.

http://www.sitnprettyphoto.com/displ...piespart1.html

http://www.sitnprettyphoto.com/displ...piespart2.html

You will hear lots of puppy noises as well as see the puppies as they move around.

Mike
Old 02-15-2009, 02:11 AM

Smile Puppies & Dyna

Goodmorning Mike and Sue
OMG that Dyna is doing a Great Job! I wish I had thought of a swimming pool when I had my litters! Thanks so much for sharing these pics with us! I want baby that eats standing on its head!!!! Please post more....Corri was listening and running around my house looking for the puppies with her tail wagging! SO nice to see. Hugs Gayle
Old 02-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Yea, a Bouv that eats standing on it's head would be an interesting trick.

I hope to get some video of the Red puppy as it climbs up the wall of puppies feeding and then does a vertical dive down. She is just like a whale diving when she does that.

I am doing more research on web video to see how I can improve these. I can make them bigger but the quality goes down, so I want to see if there is a way to increase size and not lose quality. That may be a function of the video camera though. But I'll be doing more videos. Wants they open their eyes and start playing and all, that should make for some good video.

The pool is a good idea for the first couple of weeks. I need to get some panels though and make the wooden box for them. They are already starting to come over the edge of the pool and it won't be long before Dyna won't be able to lay down and stretch out enough to let them all feed. So I'm going to build a box for them out of wood.

Thanks for looking Gail.

Mike
Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Squeaky puppies and older bitches

Gayle, it was the same here initially... the older girls were quite interested in finding out where the squeaking and crying was coming from. Dyna set up the rules immediately though. It's fine that Frank sits next to the baby gate, and Scooter can be up on the couch in the puppy room (but not on the floor). The older Bouv girls however are not to so much as LOOK at the puppies. One WOOF from Dyna and they apparently agreed to follow her rules.

The other funny thing is that Dyna can leave and enter the room at will by pushing through the bungee corded gate (a couple xpen panels) with her nose. The other dogs have seen her do it many times now, but not one of them has tried to pull off the same move. I thought it was very interesting that they are so respectful of her space and privacy, even with such irresistible sounds and smells to tempt them.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Default Mommy Bouviers

Hey Sue
I just think it is so so Great to watch the dynamics of MommyHood!
I can see the gate thing happening here also. I have always had respectful Bouviers and I love that pesronality trait! Great Mommas also!
Enjoy them babes....I sure would be! And I'll pray for a early spring so they can be RUNNING around outside soon....which Im sure they will be as mine were out in the sunny winter days.
Hugs Gayle
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 AM

Default :-)

Just saw video #2--those girls are pretty pushy, eh? This video stuff is fun!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

It is fun, Sarah, although I wish I could get better quality larger video. And I wish I had a wide angle lens on the video camera so I could get closer but still see a large area.

I got some more video last night, more of them feeding and sleeping, but I've not made it into web sized video yet. Once they start romping around and playing, shooting video will be more fun. I'll have to show Sue how to run the program that captures the video to the laptop I have so she can take some during the day... although she will probably fill up the hard drive real fast.

Mike