The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Bouvier des Flandres > Bouvier Rescue

Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Thumbs up Willing to take in a dog

We live in Redmond, Oregon, and we would be willing to take in any Bouvier dog that needs a home.

Thanks!
Tracey Bailey
Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Tracey, welcome.

Have you owned Bouviers before? Do you have the time, energy and home to take in a Bouvier that might be lacking in some of the more desirable social skills? If you haven't owned one before, they aren't your typical lap dog or mellow Labrador type dog. This is what surprises a lot of people that think they want a Bouvier... most of the time the Bouvier is smarter than them.

Have you contacted the rescue groups in the Oregon and Washington areas? They are usually the first to know about a Bouvier needing a new home or even fostered for a bit. I've not kept up with the groups but Sue can probably fill you in on who to contact in this area.

Again, welcome.

Mike
Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Rescue Bouvs in Oregon

It's not often that there are dogs available in Oregon. This is a good thing for the breed and the dogs of course, but it does mean that anyone wanting to adopt a Bouvier needs to be patient or willing to look a little further. When we adopted Mona for instance years ago, I drove to central California to get her.

The Columbia Bouvier Club places dogs as they become available. I have also placed Bouviers over the years, but again, they are pretty rare. It's been a couple years since I last had a Bouv to place and odds are it will be several more before there's another.

The American Bouvier Rescue League (ABRL) also places Bouviers, however most of their activity is on the east coast. See www.abrl.org for more information.

My best advice is to get to know Bouvier people, let them know that you're looking, and stay in touch so that if and when dogs do become available, you'll hear about them.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM

Default 12 month old bouvier

I took in a younger male bouvier a few months ago, he has been kept from socializing with most people so he is typically very aloof. He LOVES us, the problem is he also loves to torment my horses and decided to harass my chickens. He is sweet, and once he gets to know someone, usually takes a few days, is sooooo sweet and protective. he Needs to put quite a bit of weight on and the vet I spoke with said he will be this way until he gets altered.
He is not papered thanks to the person I got him from holding his papers from me for unknown reasons. I need help finding him a bouv freindly house that has the time to get to know him and will be home to give him the desired amount of attention.

We live in pleasant hill oregon
Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 PM

Default oops forgot some info!!

He is brindle and weighs 80 lbs, these dogs to anyone looking really never stop moving, figuring things out and working. Its in their nature to go go go. he is very cuddly with me and my 3 year old, and it will definately take him a few days to get used to whoever takes him. idealy i would like someone to come spend a few days coming in and out of my house so he can get used to you before you try taking him. They can be very insecure when scared, but once they get to know you,they are all over you and up your butt lol.
You cant leave them alone without other dogs, or get them and put them in your back yard, they NEEEEEED their people!