The Echo Bouvier Message Forum  

Go Back   The Echo Bouvier Message Forum > Bouvier des Flandres > Bouvier Rescue

Old 11-29-2013, 04:13 AM

Default Missing my Bouvier, "Yhetti" R.I.P.

My name is James Mackinnon.
I am a 56 year old guy living alone in Vermont on a very low fixed income.
I had a beautiful Bouvier des Flanders rescued from a neglectful owner. I named her Yhetti.
When I got her, she was a mess. But after not too long a time, given lots of TLC, she became my best friend! I never could have conceived I could actually love a non human! But I sure fell into it before long with, "My Yhetti Bear".

This dog could "Read" me like you wouldn't believe, and our, "Relationship", was just the coolest thing ever! The countless walks we went on... Hikes actually, and the way she would, "talk" to the night always amazed me.
One thing's for sure, living off grid out here in a remote part of the Green Mountains, nothing was going to arrive here without Yhetti letting me know. She was smart, and just behaved SO amazingly well for me. No matter who I introduced her to, they just loved her! A hit with everyone.

But she's been gone a year ago this past September. She developed problems that eventually took her from me. I sang her to rest, because I always sang to her. It was the hardest thing I ever did. She rests here at home in her favorite summer spot. I still say hello often & tell her I will see her again one day.

That is my background with my Bouvier. Being on this low, fixed income, (Sometimes NO income), I do not think I could possibly come close to the $ figures I read about, and I wonder if it ever happens that someone in my position obtains a Bouvier without the high $ figures?

I have been all over the internet to the best of my ability, and I just have had no luck at all. I see all these dogs up for adoption, yet I don't feel a connection when I see them. I feel so bad for so many of them. But it's only when I see that wonderful Bouvier face that I am accustomed to, that I just feel lifted right up.

So I have gone round in circles wishing I could find another Bouvier, and all I can find is "I wish". ...I *wish* I could have one just like this. One thing I did do was to make sure Yhetti had top quality food. She was worth every cent, even if I had to do with less. (I eat like a bird anyway!)

So just wanted to ask, you know? If I don't try, I'll never be able to have another Bouvier. And so far, that's all I want. I think Yhetti was wonderful, and I would even be willing to try ownership of a male too. (Same but different?) Hopefully if that were the case he would at least be neutered. I sure can't afford to do so. A puppy would be awesome! I have never seen cuter puppies! But a young Bouvier would be super too.

I feel I did not have enough time with Yhetti. I think her youth of ill health cut her life short. I never knew her exact age. I think roughly 11 years when she was put to rest. I was lucky enough to spend about 5 years with her. I would love to hear back from you & learn what your thoughts on my situation are.. If anyone knows how I could get another Bouvier? I'm trying to obtain SS disability for some not so good health issues that I have had all of my life that have made working difficult at best. I technically have a business, but the phone isn't ringing.

Here's a You Tube vid I took of her in February, 2012 I hope it makes you smile! It still does for me! Plus, there are 2 other ones of her. But this is the best one.
http://youtu.be/sYcOhmWuguU

Thanks for your taking the time to read my email! I hope you can help?
Sincerely,
Jimmer Mackinnon
Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Yhetti

So sorry for your loss Jimmer. I can imagine how hard it would be to go on without the love of a good Bouvier when you've been used to having Yhetti in your life. We've lost Bouvs over the years, but have always had multiple dogs in the house and that helps ease the loss a bit.

Your best option to find a Bouvier would be through the American Bouvier Rescue League ... ABRL. See www.abrl.org The Bouviers ABRL Places are all thoroughly vetted and evaluated for temperament and there are often dogs available in the NE. There is also one breeder in VT who may know of any adult dogs that need to be placed. EMAIL me at imchattin@echobouvier.com and I'll be glad to send you contact information.

Good luck with SSDI... it can be a discouraging process for many people, and most I know have had to hire an attorney in order to obtain benefits.

Cheers,
Sue
Old 11-29-2013, 01:19 PM

Smile Thanks Sue!

I sent you an email!
You gave me a sense of hope!